Consensus on Injectioneering

10 replies to this topic
  • Zackdocks

Posted December 19, 2014 - 08:51 AM

What's the general consensus on Injectioneering? Read a few bad reviews from a few years back and ppl saying he's a thief, also read many many reviews saying great experience dealing with Wade and the mod was awesome. Seems like these days things are good and there's been no issues. I want to get my 13 yz450f modded.

• Zackdocks

Posted December 19, 2014 - 09:48 AM

This was supposed to be in general dirt bike discussion, posted from the TT app on my phone I guess I did it wrong

• grayracer513

Posted December 19, 2014 - 01:48 PM

It was probably moved here by a moderator for being a make/model specific question.

Either way, most feedback I've seen is that the mod works very well in making the off-idle throttle more linear.  There was some trouble with delayed delivery early on, but I haven't seen that complaint lately.

• Zackdocks

Posted December 19, 2014 - 02:13 PM

Ah that makes sense, although I was more asking about peoples experience with the company and not really about the specific bike!

• Mtrain730

Posted December 19, 2014 - 04:17 PM

I will try to make this short. Wade is a nice guy when you talk to him. I did have issues getting my throttle body back in the time frame he said. I do believe he lied to me and told me he shipped it when he didn't. He would not answer my calls for almost a week when he was suppose to get back to me with a tracking number after leaving him lots of messages. When I got threw he claimed he had to have it redirected it went to the wrong place. I did end up getting it the mod is great and does work and I feel was worth the money but he did stress me out and it took about a month instead of two weeks so it's your call I think he stretches himself to thin and probably tells a few lies too keep his business going smoothly. If you'r close to him I wouldn't worry I think he knew I was far away so he could string me along for a while and there wasn't much I could do. So I would say go for it but build in some extra time and expect to maybe have to hound him. The mod is very good except for him jerking me around his mod does what it claims and I think is well worth the money.

Edited by Mtrain730, December 19, 2014 - 04:22 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zackdocks

Posted December 19, 2014 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for the review mtrain. How long ago was this? Pretty recent? I'm pretty far from him I live in Canada

• Mtrain730

Posted December 19, 2014 - 09:44 PM

Thanks for the review mtrain. How long ago was this? Pretty recent? I'm pretty far from him I live in Canada

yes it was a few months ago.

• PsychoSane

Posted December 20, 2014 - 11:02 AM

With regards to making off idle response more linear,  can't that objective be accomplished with a $50 -$60 throttle tube?    

• Mtrain730

Posted December 20, 2014 - 02:25 PM

[quote name="PsychoSane" post="12085732" timestamp="1419102138"]With regards to making off idle response more linear, can't that objective be accomplished with a $50 -$60 throttle tube? [/quote I'm sure it will make it smother in the higher rpm range. I cant say I have tried the throttle tube but I would bet 100 dollars it won't fix the initial jerky throttle response and that is the issue at least the issue I was trying to fix. I'm sure some one can give you a more technical answer.

Edited by Mtrain730, December 20, 2014 - 02:33 PM.

• gofaster450

Posted December 23, 2014 - 09:36 AM

Had Wade perform his magic on my 2012 YZ 450 throttle body last year (2013). The modification worked as advertised and I received my part in the time he quoted. Very happy with the service.

To answer the question about the throttle tube correcting the jerky initial throttle hit, No, the throttle tube (in this case the G2 throttle tamer) did not correct the jerky nature at small throttle openings. The G2 is a very nice piece but it only minimized the jerkiness. I am now back to the stock throttle tube after the Injectioneering mod.

• Zackdocks

Posted December 23, 2014 - 10:58 AM

After 1 ride on a variety of terrain I didn't find the jerky hit to be too big of a problem. I might change my mind after some more seat time.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.