Which radiators brace?

Body Body Bracing Brand Scorpion Brand Works Connection Brand Enduro Engineering

9 replies to this topic
  • blarf

Posted December 15, 2014 - 11:34 AM

Hi,

I'm looking to put some braces on the radiators of my 14 y450. I'm looking at either the work connections guards or the Enduro engineering guards. I'm only riding at the track and I don't care much about the devol or flatland ones.

Out of those 2 (wc and ee), which ones would you recommend?

Thanks.

• Cyclemedic

Posted December 15, 2014 - 01:04 PM

Get a the Works Connection ones. Hands down the best. I have a set on my 14 Yami 450. The look clean too.

• indy rider

Posted December 15, 2014 - 01:22 PM

You should check out Unabiker if you haven't already.

• Cyclemedic

Posted December 15, 2014 - 01:28 PM

On the scooter.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20141215_130559_236.jpg

• drtrcr400

Posted December 15, 2014 - 02:48 PM

I second this even though they're not on the OP's list.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Mutley53

Posted December 15, 2014 - 08:33 PM

Works Connection don't do much to protect against side impact (tip over). They (may) help against being pushed back. I had a set on my 2010. I high sided once and they didn't prevent radiator damage. I recommend cage type guards that offer side impact protection. I have Emperor Racing guards on my 2014 and they seem stout. Only complaint is they do move the shrouds out a little bit. I have the Cycra shrouds so with he guards it is about as wide as stock.

• Nautical Miles

Posted December 16, 2014 - 02:59 AM

If radiator protection is of great importance to you... I suggest you check out ICW.

http://www.icwbikest...tor_Repair.html

• miLiter

Posted December 16, 2014 - 03:09 AM

scorpion/emperor racing braces are awesome!

http://www.emperorracing.com/

• torkd14

Posted December 16, 2014 - 10:06 AM

I agree with trying Unabiker!

• JS264

Posted December 16, 2014 - 02:26 PM

Get cages, the WC braces mights as well be soda cans duct taped to your radiators.

I got a set of Myler's braced radiators I'm going to put on tonight and probably crash test them in Texas next week. :lol:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.