My 03 needs a new battery.

Should I go gel or liithium?

Is there a favorite brand aroud here?

Best cranking amps? 100+.

Whats everyone running?

• stevethe

Posted December 14, 2014 - 04:33 PM

If you want lightweight get a Shorai.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RMK800

Posted December 14, 2014 - 05:17 PM

If you want lightweight get a Shorai.

+1

https://www.rockymou...um-Iron-Battery

• flyandride

Posted December 14, 2014 - 09:02 PM

Lithium will save you 2-3 lbs.   If you decide to go that way, wire a plug into it so you can test the battery voltage easily without taking off the seat.  Lithium batteries are ruined if they discharge below 8 volts.  I learned that the hard way.  I ordered a little volt meter to wire in so when the power is turned on I can see the voltage.  

volts.JPG

Edited by flyandride, December 14, 2014 - 09:07 PM.

• woods-rider

Posted December 14, 2014 - 10:44 PM

Lithium will save you 2-3 lbs. If you decide to go that way, wire a plug into it so you can test the battery voltage easily without taking off the seat. Lithium batteries are ruined if they discharge below 8 volts. I learned that the hard way. I ordered a little volt meter to wire in so when the power is turned on I can see the voltage.
attachicon.gifvolts.JPG

Or just get an EarthX, they have circuitry built in to prevent over discharging so you can't hurt the battery if you accidentally leave a light or accessory on when you are done riding.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.