Graphics in cold weather?

6 replies to this topic
  • letitsnow

Posted December 14, 2014 - 07:41 AM

After some slow speed crashes on my '06 while riding in 30 degree weather, the stock graphics fell off of both shrouds.  Now I have the super ugly plain blue plastic, with white stress marks everywhere....   I really hate the blue w/stress mark look!

Are there graphics that stick better than the crappy stock ones?  Or is stock about as good as it gets??

• yamahadude93

Posted December 14, 2014 - 08:45 PM

After some slow speed crashes on my '06 while riding in 30 degree weather, the stock graphics fell off of both shrouds.  Now I have the super ugly plain blue plastic, with white stress marks everywhere....   I really hate the blue w/stress mark look!

Are there graphics that stick better than the crappy stock ones?  Or is stock about as good as it gets??

All of the aftermarket graphics (fx, decal works, ect.) have a thicker vinyl .

• woods-rider

Posted December 14, 2014 - 10:50 PM

After some slow speed crashes on my '06 while riding in 30 degree weather, the stock graphics fell off of both shrouds. Now I have the super ugly plain blue plastic, with white stress marks everywhere.... I really hate the blue w/stress mark look!

Are there graphics that stick better than the crappy stock ones? Or is stock about as good as it gets??

Virtually any name brand graphics company out there provides a material that is much thicker and an adhesive that much stickier. They will last 10x as long as stock.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted December 15, 2014 - 07:28 AM

Adding to the info already given sometimes a local graphics company can give you durable kits for less and/or personalize them. We have two in our area. Fokus is one. Maybe ask your local mx racers who seem to be hardcore into bike personalization.

• redhurricane

Posted December 15, 2014 - 11:50 AM

proper cleaning and prep before putting new graphics will make or break the life of the graphic. get it clean and oil/grease/residue free before attempting to put new stuff on.

• letitsnow

Posted December 15, 2014 - 05:48 PM

Thanks guys.  Any idea if the aftermarket graphics hold up the cold?  Maybe nothing does??

• redhurricane

Posted December 17, 2014 - 10:05 AM

No issues....

snowbike.jpg

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.