YZ426F vs X440

7 replies to this topic
  • JeremySmith114

Posted February 01, 2002 - 06:06 PM

I am looking at prchasing one of these two bikes. What I am looking for is a comparison between the two bikes. I want the nitty gritty stuff. I think my mind is set on the X440 but i wanted to hear what the Yamaha guys had to say as well. Feel free to email me or whatever. Hope to get some good info!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Hick

Posted February 01, 2002 - 07:00 PM

I wouldn't count on an objective opinion.

• Boit

Posted February 01, 2002 - 09:18 PM

What is an X440? Is that a Cannondale?

• JeremySmith114

Posted February 02, 2002 - 06:20 AM

That is correct, what do you guys think of your 426's?? I really cannot find any info on how they ride and what they feel like on the track?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Odie

Posted February 02, 2002 - 06:23 PM

I've owned and ridden alot of bikes - all I can say is that my YZ426 is by far my favorite. I don't know what more to say. As far as the Cannondale goes - I've only seen 1 ever. It was an MX400 - that thing truly was a POS - I fealt sorry for the owner. I'd like to see Cannondale do well. The new ones seem to be OK so far - every one on the Cannondale board seems happy.

• Looped_Out

Posted February 03, 2002 - 03:53 PM

I would like to see Cannondale do good also, and I hate to say it but Robby Reynard wasted all three of his Cannondales at the 4-stroke national in Floresville, TX in October. He was faster than anyone there, but that's the talant, not the bike. I wouldn't touch one if I were you. YZFs are proven and reliable.

• st400f

Posted February 04, 2002 - 03:17 PM

unless your one of those guys who has to be different,go with a yamaha.i cannot see any upside with the cannondale the down side however could be really bad .bottom line is if like to ride, get a yamaha if you like to work on bikes get a cannondale

Posted February 04, 2002 - 04:05 PM

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.