oil leak, need help

2 replies to this topic
  • yz45life

Posted December 11, 2014 - 07:15 PM

So I just changed the oil seals for the water pump and I put the crank case back on with a new gasket. It appears to be leaking oil right along the seam of the case on the very bottom, I can't tell if it is dripping down from somewhere else. Anyways if anyone has had the same problem let me know, I really can't figure it out.

Edited by yz45life, December 11, 2014 - 08:46 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sckrocodile

Posted December 12, 2014 - 05:29 AM

So I just changed the oil seals for the water pump and I put the crank case back on with a new gasket. It appears to be leaking oil right along the seam of the case on the very bottom, I can't tell if it is dripping down from somewhere else. Anyways if anyone has had the same problem let me know, I really can't figure it out.

More than likely you improperly tightened the bolts on the cover you removed.. refer to you owners manual for procedure and torque.

• grayracer513

Posted December 12, 2014 - 07:28 AM

It's probably more likely that a piece of the old gasket was left stuck on one of the two surfaces.  Very common mistake, and certain to cause a leak.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.