Green Ooze

6 replies to this topic
  • yamahakid426

Posted December 10, 2014 - 08:25 PM

Ive had this bike for a couple weeks now and notice that after every ride when i park it in the garage some green colored foamy ooze leaks out of this tube. I dont exactly know what it is and was hoping if anybody could tell me. Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• CAM00053.jpg
  • CAM00052.jpg

• dirtbeater

Posted December 10, 2014 - 08:29 PM

I believe that's the crank case breather tube. It comes from the valve cover. Looks like milky oil possibly. Check your oil level, color and your coolant level.

• yamahakid426

Posted December 10, 2014 - 08:32 PM

I just bought this bike and i just replaced the oil with yamalube 20-50. but i havnt checked or replaced the collant. That will be on my list to do then

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bigbird192

Posted December 10, 2014 - 08:53 PM

That tube should not drip anything but oil. it looks like you have coolant in your oil. I would drop the oil and see if it is milky or otherwise discolored. If it is, you likely have a head gasket leak. Also, when you refill it, i would suggest using a lighter oil, such as Yamalube 10-50. The 20 weight you are using is pretty thick, especially for the cold climate.

• gscx

Posted December 10, 2014 - 08:55 PM

If you ride when it is wet then thus will happen. It's no big deal. If your coolant level isn't dropping that is...

• yamahakid426

Posted December 10, 2014 - 09:02 PM

alright i will flush the coolant and refill with lighter oil and see if that works

• yamahakid426

Posted December 10, 2014 - 09:07 PM

after i changed the oil i did notice that it was considerably less than before so maybe going lighter will get rid of it

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.