GYT-R gas tank for WR 450

27 replies to this topic
  • yamaharichey

Posted February 05, 2004 - 06:09 AM

I know a lot of you are looking for a bigger tank especially Ddialouge, have you checked out GYT-R tank, comes in blue or transucent, 3.4 gallons. I was looking at the picture in the catalog, looks different than the IMS, seems to be taller and not hang down as far.

• ddialogue

Posted February 05, 2004 - 06:57 AM

I had NO idea GYTR made such a tank! Do you have link for that thing? I can't find it on the accessories site for Yamaha.

Thanks!

• yamaharichey

Posted February 05, 2004 - 08:09 AM

It must be new for 04, I don't see it on the Yamaha web site either. I got an 04 Gyt-r catalog from my dealer yesterday and it has a picture of them. so hopfully your dealer will have the new catalog. And don't ever use the K word again, you know what I'am talking about.

• dez4ever

Posted February 05, 2004 - 08:17 AM

looks different than the IMS, seems to be taller and not hang down as far.

Just a thought, but the last thing you really want is to take a bike that is already a little top heavy and put a bigger tank on it that sits up higher which will add to the top heavy feel.

Just my .02

• yamaharichey

Posted February 05, 2004 - 08:22 AM

The problem is, any larger tank is going to add weight to the upper part of the bike, its the sacrifice you have to make if you want longer range.

• SBG

Posted February 05, 2004 - 08:29 AM

I believe GYT-R plastics and tanks are Acerbis parts. Acerbis says theirs is 3.3 while GYT-R says 3.4. IMS makes Zip-Ty's tanks and is listed at 3.2.
Posted Image

Zip-Ty tank. Posted Image
YOT!
If you order direct from Acerbis they have free shipping and no tax.

• yamaharichey

Posted February 05, 2004 - 08:40 AM

Hey SGB you the man thanks for the picture. Looks pretty cool huh? It comes with the metal around cap in case you want to install a dry brake. You like that DDialouge?

• ddialogue

Posted February 05, 2004 - 09:12 AM

S W E E T!! 3.4gal is the magic number for me! Now, I just need my tax return to get here... :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 05, 2004 - 09:14 AM

And don't ever use the K word again, you know what I'm talking about.

Na, I'm staying with the Blue-Brotherhood for awhile (heck, I own four Yamahas!) :D :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 05, 2004 - 11:54 AM

Hey where do I order my 3.4 gallon tank! I wanted 3.6+ but I will settle for 3.4 gallons. Yamaha is selling it? :) GYT-R products has tanks? Please post a link. Thanks. :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bajabunk

Posted February 05, 2004 - 12:24 PM

I have the Acerbis 3.4 tank on mine and love it. I haven't tested the range on it yet but it will be put to the test in a couple of weeks when i go to Baja. The quality seems to be better than the IMS I had on my 426. Just my opinion.

• ddialogue

Posted February 05, 2004 - 12:48 PM

bajabunk,

Where did you order your tank from? Through GYT-R or through Acerbis? Just curious because Acerbis told me their 3.4 won't be available until March 1st...

• SBG

Posted February 05, 2004 - 02:47 PM

Hey where do I order my 3.4 gallon tank! Please post a link. Thanks. :)

I put a YOT! link in my 1st post.

• catfish

Posted February 06, 2004 - 10:04 AM

Does anyone have this 3.4-gal. tank with a Scotts damper? Do they clear each other OK?

Catfish ...

• SBG

Posted February 06, 2004 - 10:07 AM

I have my Clarke tank mounted, and my bud has his Scotts in the garage at my house. Maybe i could hold it up in a mounted position to see if it would clear. The Clarke tank is tall, but i think it wouldn't interfer anyway since it doesn't go forward more than the stocker.

• bajabunk

Posted February 06, 2004 - 10:16 AM

I ordered mine through Cycle Gear. Actually I think it was for the 03 450 but it worked on the 04. It is an Acerbis. See if they have ay for te 03. I got mine back in September.

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 06, 2004 - 02:22 PM

I think the Scotts post will run up against the tank. The Damper itself should clear. A custom made post may be required. It also looks like rad braces will not fit with the bigger tank but rad guards should. I am going to have to order one and make it work. :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 06, 2004 - 02:23 PM

Go Indy, go Indy, go Indy....

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 06, 2004 - 02:24 PM

I cant live without my Scotts! :)

• Poway Rider

Posted February 06, 2004 - 03:09 PM

How about use with a GPR (version 1)? I need this tank for long desert trips.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.