Couple of carburetor questions yamaha wr400f 2000

No replies to this topic
  • yvesdeclercq

Posted December 10, 2014 - 09:19 AM

hi guys,

first of all excuse my bad english, i am from belgium ;-)

i bought a wr400f 2000 a couple of weeks ago and i it suffers from the dreaded iddle off bog.

Now i have read and read all about it at this wonderfull forum ans i got confident to open the carburetor up and give it a proper clean and try some of the solutions you guys bring here.

First i openend everything up and cleaned all the jets and blew them out with compressed air.

One of the solutions here is to change the leak jet to a #40. My bike does not have a leak jet. so that is not going to help. Checked the squirt of the ap pump and it is very strong. I inspected the ap diagrah and it is ok.

Next thing i am going to try is do the o ring mod now that the carb is off the bike. Hope it helps.

Now for my questions,

i noticed the timing screw for the ap pump is very much tightened, is it supposed to be that tight? See first pic

Second question, i wanted to remove the slot where the needle is (the thing that runs on the 4 wheels) don't know the english word for it. I can't get it out. Tried to screw of the bolt the bridge that levels the slot but the screw is torn out, any ideas? See second picture 

Third question, i wanted to install a adjustable fuel screw for easy acces, so i removed the little fuel screw and took it out. The spring came along but not the o-ring and the washer. So i looked in with a flashlight and saw nothing in there, is that possible? And can i just screw in the new fuel screw with the new o ring and washer safely?

Thx in advange

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_20141210_170306.jpg
  • IMG_20141210_172002.jpg

Edited by yvesdeclercq, December 10, 2014 - 09:54 AM.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.