suzuki question...

1 reply to this topic
  • xrracer36

Posted February 05, 2004 - 03:55 AM

sorry for the yellow question, (i give myself one of these -> :D just for asking) but i need some info :D...
i have a friend :D...(seriously) that owns an 01 rm125. he needs his fork seals replaced, and a friend-at-a-local-dealer-sorta-thing said he could do them for like $40 for him (he did my 98 wr4xx forks for like $25), and all other local shops want at least $80 :D, but he said he needs to know if they are cartridge style forks? he can't do that type. i know the 00 rm125 came with cartridge style SHOWA forks, but not sure if they switched for 01 or not??? :D:)
thanks for any knowledge you'd be willing to share :usa:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted February 05, 2004 - 04:18 AM

All of the real MX bikes use cartridge forks.

Does this year RM use Twin Chamber Showa's?

If they are NOT twin chambers (since I know zilch about those), seals are easy. You will need:

1 - seal driver
2 - cartridge rod holding tool OR pneumatic (or electric)
impact allen wrench
3 - allen socket to remove/hold base valve (on bottom of fork leg).
4 - your owners manual to step you through it.

learn to do this yourself, and fork cleaning & seal/oil replacement will no longer cost $40 - $80! :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.