YZF 450 wins Cycle News Shootout

4 replies to this topic
  • Phil Hannah

Posted December 08, 2014 - 07:56 PM

Actually if you own or have ridden one not surprising! Great bike and believe me when I say I thought I would never own one!

• Monk

Posted December 08, 2014 - 08:06 PM

Link..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rk8950

Posted December 08, 2014 - 08:48 PM

Actually if you own or have ridden one not surprising! Great bike and believe me when I say I thought I would never own one!

Did you get a new yamaha? I thought I remember seeing you had bought a new suzuki. It might be a different person I am thinking of. If so how does it compare to the suzuki 

• Phil Hannah

Posted December 09, 2014 - 04:14 AM

Yeah that's me. Didn't give it enough time but the TAC fork was a hassle for me. Raced a KXF this year and found the PSF  much easier to dial in.  The susp on RMZ in the chop was stiff. Don't know if some of that is still chassis related? Rode a YZF and just felt better. I feel the Yam actually turns better,  I find myself able to carry momentum with much less effort. MX52 front is no longer on bike as it doesn't work in a wide enough range as 403. Bike will light up rear so need to get a tuner and play with mapping. Wasn't considering this bike until I rode one.

• rk8950

Posted December 09, 2014 - 05:36 AM

Congrats. I like mine too.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.