Spark arrestor choices 2013 yz 450f

Exhaust Exhaust Full System Exhaust

8 replies to this topic
  • akhomegrown

Posted December 08, 2014 - 05:57 PM

I have a 2013 yz 450 f and i live in beautiful colorado. Because the 450f does not come with a spark arrestor and there are thousands of miles of open terrain to ride away from the track i need to get one. My question is what does anyone suggest? there are caps from pmp, slip ons from fmf and full exhaust conversions. Jus anted to start a conversation to hep me choose. Thanks for your help
my Appoogies for the typos

• Mtrain730

Posted December 09, 2014 - 08:22 AM

I'm about to do a pmb cap on my 2012. I don't want a loud bike So the end cap makes perfect sense to me and saves me money. If you replace the stock pipe with a aftermarket that puts out similar sound levels I doubt you would see much of a performance gain so seems kind of pointless unless you just want some thing pretty to look at. This was my take on things when I was faced with the same choice as you. I race mx and ride at local trails.

Edited by Mtrain730, December 09, 2014 - 04:11 PM.

• d.sequeira

Posted December 09, 2014 - 07:11 PM

I went with the pmb cap, couldn't see buying a new silencer for the spark arrestor. 

• Dexter42

Posted December 09, 2014 - 07:18 PM

If you get lucky you can score a slip on around your areas with a spark arrestor for roughly $150. Not sure what the caps go for but if it's within reason I rather have a nice FMF on the back side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YamaLink

Posted December 09, 2014 - 07:42 PM

I won't say what's best, but every year I put a PMB on a 450 and every year I "fail" to get negative comments from other trail users or Forest Service officials about my bike's noise. Okay, they sometimes say "that bike sounds good" or "sounds like you ain't hurtin' for power."

• akhomegrown

Posted December 09, 2014 - 09:16 PM

That's all I really needed to know. My thoughts were to get the cap and not spend the extra money w but wasn't convinced. I now am. Thanks fellas

• drtrcr400

Posted December 10, 2014 - 06:48 AM

Here's a slightly less expensive option by Lexx. I like the fact that it comes with a quiet core at no extra charge.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1418222808230.jpg

• akhomegrown

Posted December 10, 2014 - 09:58 PM

After looking at a few thing and the review I went with the lexx performance exhaust. $50 more for a full slip on. Reviews were good and this way. I can go back and forth with a few mods

• Wiz636

Posted December 22, 2014 - 09:23 PM

Here's a slightly less expensive option by Lexx. I like the fact that it comes with a quiet core at no extra charge.

I put the Lexx SA endcap on my stock exhaust. Fit and finish are great. Works great, sounds good. I have the quiet insert in and it still barks pretty well.

IMG_5619.JPG

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.