really need some help

7 replies to this topic
  • iron_savior

Posted February 04, 2004 - 07:45 PM

hi fellow thumpers,

i'm ordering a clark 4.3 tank and need to know
the approx dimensions and weight, the freight company would like to know.

Before i place the order - i just cant seem to make up my
mind what color to get and if i should get a dry break system, even though i dont race.

please let me know what your thoughts are
thanks a mil

:)

• qadsan

Posted February 04, 2004 - 08:01 PM

Shoot www.clarkemfg.com an email since they make & ship these tanks all the time. They shoud be able to tell you all the shipping info you need on this tank.

I know IMS makes a dry brake tank, but I'm not sure if Clarke does or not. Unless you're racing or need super quick fills, then I wouldn't get a dry brake tank. If you get a dry brake tank, then you'll have to buy a quick fill, the quick fill receiver, a stand, etc, and that gets expensive real quick (another $500+ on top of buying the tank). You can buy a 'trail cap' that turns the dry brake tank into a screw on cap, but that's another $75 or so on top of the tank purchase.

Red always looks great. The clear / natural is also nice, but it will yellow after a while. Those would be my two color choices and in fact I have both of them. I'd honestly prefer an all white or all black XR650R, but since I coudln't get the rest of the plastic in those colors and decided I didn't want to do any painting, I stuck with the Red & Natural tanks.

• Rokatt88

Posted February 05, 2004 - 06:09 AM

I have a white Clarke 4.3. I think it looks Peeeechy! :)

• BrianVT

Posted February 05, 2004 - 07:48 AM

Just saw this, in case you're interested:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...item=2457506391

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xr650Lroostnya

Posted February 05, 2004 - 11:46 AM

I have a clarke 4.3 on mine it looks and fits great. Now if i could only find grafics for it. :)

• jbrown404

Posted February 05, 2004 - 05:34 PM

I just bought a red Clarke 4.3 last week and it came in a box that was 20"x14"x17.25" and weighed 7lbs. You won't be disappointed, the quality is better than the IMS tanks that I have.

• iron_savior

Posted February 05, 2004 - 08:49 PM

thanks guys - i cant wait to get it

next thing i'm gonna get is some decent handle bars.

cheers

• jws

Posted February 06, 2004 - 02:56 AM

i have the clarke 4.3 natural - i like being able to see my gas but it does turn yellow after a year or so - most of my freinds have red and it matches real well to the rest of the plastic - 100 mile rides are no problem :)

Posted Image

jeff :D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.