New 2014 on the way! Couple questions

32 replies to this topic
  • YzCas

Posted December 11, 2014 - 11:31 AM

sure post it up...that would be great!

I got some of my maps of mxa and some off of an actual Japanese site wich was translated into English I used one out of there for my 14 yz250f wow did it work. I run the map I just gave you out of a bunch that I've tried I have full fmf exaust on my bike but I don't think it will matter I believe that's an mxa mapp if your looking for straight up balls that's the map have you tried that one yet?

• YzCas

Posted December 11, 2014 - 11:41 AM

sure post it up...that would be great!

Did you get the map yet right it down it's a keeper I saved it in my tuner but I think I'm just going to keep that one in the bike it is rediculouse how it changes the characteristics of the motor to straight up bad ass.

• rojapar

Posted December 11, 2014 - 11:57 AM

Did you get the map yet right it down it's a keeper I saved it in my tuner but I think I'm just going to keep that one in the bike it is rediculouse how it changes the characteristics of the motor to straight up bad ass.

ok...let me make sure i have it right as to what you wrote as it was a little jumbled.

the mxa map i posted is:

mxa fuel                            your fuel   

333                                   333

443                                   443

443                                   443

mxa ignition                        your ignition

222                                    222

222                                    332

222                                    332

both maps are pretty close.  now on this map..did you use a totallt stock engine?

also, which map would be best for me.  im not a racer or track star, i just want a very aggressive map with max power and throttle response for pure hooligan satisfaction

• YzCas

Posted December 11, 2014 - 12:05 PM

ok...let me make sure i have it right as to what you wrote as it was a little jumbled.

the mxa map i posted is:
mxa fuel your fuel
333 333
443 443
443 443

mxa ignition your ignition
222 222
222 332
222 332

both maps are pretty close. now on this map..did you use a totallt stock engine?

also, which map would be best for me. im not a racer or track star, i just want a very aggressive map with max power and throttle response for pure hooligan satisfaction

Yes similar not the same that makes a difference up one here or there is a significant change use my mapp it's very aggressive the best I've found then save yours if you don't like it but I garaunte you will be happy with it that's a good amount off fuel and timing being added. My bike screams. If I didn't think it would help I wouldn't have suggested it try it you will love it the bike turns into a fire breather.

• rojapar

Posted December 11, 2014 - 12:08 PM

Yes similar not the same that makes a difference up one here or there is a significant change use my mapp it's very aggressive the best I've found then save yours if you don't like it but I garaunte you will be happy with it that's a good amount off fuel and timing being added. My bike screams. If I didn't think it would help I wouldn't have suggested it try it you will love it the bike turns into a fire breather.

explain to me about what it does when adding fuel?  i was under the impression adding fuel tames the hit and "snappiness" though im not 100% sure.

also, what does advancing the ignition do?  does it increase throttle response and power?

• YzCas

Posted December 11, 2014 - 12:09 PM

the mxa map i posted is:
mxa fuel your fuel
333 333
443 443
443 443

mxa ignition your ignition
222 222
222 332
222 332

both maps are pretty close. now on this map..did you use a totallt stock engine?

also, which map would be best for me. im not a racer or track star, i just want a very aggressive map with max power and throttle response for pure hooligan satisfaction

Yes the maps are close but you need to try different maps do you have a tuner?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YzCas

Posted December 11, 2014 - 12:11 PM

explain to me about what it does when adding fuel? i was under the impression adding fuel tames the hit and "snappiness" though im not 100% sure.

also, what does advancing the ignition do? does it increase throttle response and power?

. You see that little bit of extra timing is right in the meat of the powerband. You should get a harder hit.

• rojapar

Posted December 11, 2014 - 12:21 PM

Yes the maps are close but you need to try different maps do you have a tuner?

no the dealer has one and he said he would make adjustments for free if i tell him what i want.

• grayracer513

Posted December 11, 2014 - 12:40 PM

explain to me about what it does when adding fuel?  i was under the impression adding fuel tames the hit and "snappiness" though im not 100% sure.

also, what does advancing the ignition do?  does it increase throttle response and power?

Both are entirely dependent on how close to optimal each setting was prior to the adjustment.  Adding fuel to a lean engine will increase power.  Doing the same to an engine already at an ideal level will reduce power.  Likewise timing.  Your question has no simple answer as asked.

• rojapar

Posted December 12, 2014 - 05:22 AM

is there any negative side to using one of these maps, specifically advancing the timing?  i was curious to see if engine life would be shortened.

• grayracer513

Posted December 12, 2014 - 07:42 AM

For the most part, Yamaha has made the setup as close to "idiot proof" as possible, which in this example means that you can't really adjust things so far out of range that they become destructive.  But, due to such variables as fuel, ambient heat, and others, you could probably get the engine to start detonating fuel (pinging) if you went to an extreme. 

The long term effects of running too rich aren't conducive to long service life, either, BTW.

• devilsslide

Posted December 30, 2014 - 10:54 AM

Both are entirely dependent on how close to optimal each setting was prior to the adjustment.  Adding fuel to a lean engine will increase power.  Doing the same to an engine already at an ideal level will reduce power.  Likewise timing.  Your question has no simple answer as asked.

so for a brand new stock bike (2014 YZ450f), increasing the timing will also reduce the power / snappiness instead of reducing it? 

What I'm getting at is, I'm trying to tame the bark, and all mapping suggestions such as MXA's, indicate increasing the fuel and ignition. If I increased the Fuel / and left the ignition at all zeros would that make any sense to help ease the bark? 

(I'm stricktly a desert rider and like to ride in the lower part of the powerband in a taller gear)

• grayracer513

Posted December 30, 2014 - 11:18 AM

so for a brand new stock bike (2014 YZ450f), increasing the timing will also reduce the power / snappiness instead of reducing it? 

No, probably not.  Look at the maps listed that claim to reduce the snap or "smooth out the power", or "increase traction" on hard slick surfaces.  You'll start to see a pattern. 

The '14 and the '15 are built with almost entirely the same hardware (cams, etc.), yet the '15 has 57-58 RWHP vs. the 53-54 or so that the '14 produces on the base map.  It's all in optimizing the values, not moving them one way or other in every case.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.