First SuperX

8 replies to this topic
  • Deadeye

Posted February 01, 2002 - 07:16 AM

I am taking my family (kids are 10,9, and 7) to our first SX in Minnesota on Feb 16th. My cousin works for Honda and she was able to get us tickets with pit passes. Having never been to one, I was hoping I could get some advise from anybody who has. I am very happy that the whole family is excited to go (dream come-true).
Thanks.
Darrin

• Scott_F

Posted February 01, 2002 - 08:18 AM

Bring food for a "tailgate" party. It sounds like you will be there all day. Enjoy.

• Scarylong

Posted February 01, 2002 - 08:20 AM

You are going to need a good Mullet that's for sure.
I have in the past watched some practice and wondered around the pits.

The pit area can be fun get there early and have a look around. The riders will come out and sign Autographs. You get to have a good look at the bikes. some of the sponsers are there with product, for you to check out.

Dress warm, like I need to tell you that.

Expect a long day. Very long with kids.
:)

Posted February 01, 2002 - 09:20 AM

Get your souvenirs early. The lines are horrible after the crowds start rolling in. Beware of all the drunks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtJunkiexxx

Posted February 01, 2002 - 09:27 AM

you will have a lot of fun! Im going to SX Anaheim tomorrow pit passes the whole 9 bringing the trailer out too, with a couple of toys to play with (hehe) see ya!

word! :)

• RacerX

Posted February 05, 2002 - 06:20 AM

Just took my sons to the Phoenix SX. Go to pacesupercross.com, motoworld.com, motocross.com or amaproracing.com and print out the riders names and numbers for reference. Also printout the days race schedule for reference. Bring a stop watch for lap times, it's fun to compare the from rider to rider. Bring binoculars. Bring 2 way radios if you have them, that way you can go one direction and the kids can go another (assuming they are old enough) and you can meet up later. Bring some snacks in a fanny pack, we couldn't bring a backpack in. Bring lots of $!

• Shawn_Mc

Posted February 05, 2002 - 10:25 PM

I notice that your from South Dakota. My advice, layers, just layers. And be glad that its indoor. Obviously ScottF didnt notice where your from. Food for a tailgate party? In what -8 with a 50 mile per hour wind. Lovely, just lovely. I hope your weather is nice, thats what I hope for ya. Oh ya, if you like beer, bring lots of money, here in Anahiem, $7.50 a cup for Coors light. The best part is ya get to stand in line for it. Im the first guy in the world to say lets make a profit. But gouging folks isnt right just cuz ya can isnt right

• Deadeye

Posted February 05, 2002 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for all the advice. Ya, it does get cold up here but compared to where I grew up (40 miles from Canada on the Minnesota-North Dakota border) this is heaven. It has been a very mild winter this year. I actually have got out riding in the hills the last two weekends. The temperature was in the 50s and 60s. From our house you can see Mt Rushmore and the direction we ride brings you closer to it.
I do have one more question. The race starts at 7:00, with the pit passes what time should we try to get there to give us enough time to see things without getting there to soon for the kids to get bored? I know there are many factors to consider but a rough estimate would be great.
Darrin

• bbeakley

Posted February 06, 2002 - 09:31 AM

Darrin,

I went to the Phx SX. We got there just before 1:00pm and watched the practices for about an hour then went to the pits. It was already getting crowded. We spent about an hour and a half in the pits checking out the rigs, the bikes, getting lost, grabbing posters, etc.. Then we went back inside. The wait from 4:30 to 7:00 sounds bad, but they had some qualifier races starting around 5:30 or 6:00 so it wasn't too bad. If your kids are after autographs, I'd show up about 2:30 or 3:00, go straight to the pits, then go out to your seats. bring comfy shoes and a book, the lines are pretty long. If you don't want autographs but want to see the pits you could probably come a little later, but they usually close at 5:30.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.