2012 wr450

6 replies to this topic
  • marconrh

Posted December 02, 2014 - 07:22 PM

have stock wr450f with tailpipe peashooter removed..what tune should I use to get best all around performance..have programmable tuner and currently using aussie tune..any netter recomendations?

• revelc

Posted December 02, 2014 - 07:25 PM

Best performance will come from changing the modes for the different types of riding you do.

• yamahadude93

Posted December 02, 2014 - 07:50 PM

Best performance will come from changing the modes for the different types of riding you do.

+1

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • offrd beatr

Posted December 03, 2014 - 06:07 AM

And get a real silencer.

• revelc

Posted December 03, 2014 - 08:12 AM

And get a real silencer.

The stock one can be modified if you're on a budget.
If not a good slip on helps. Not a lot, but it's noticeable.
I am skeptical about the expansion chamber headers as the stocker already has one.

• marconrh

Posted December 03, 2014 - 08:31 AM

I have the stock silencer modified with the pea shooter removed and aftermarket insert installed. is the stock header the same as the fmf powerbomb? it looks the same. is it worth the money for full exhaust or just replace the stock silencer with fmf and use stock header?

• offrd beatr

Posted December 03, 2014 - 09:18 AM

Modified by making bigger holes in the baffles inside. You can't make it run with half inch diameter tubes.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.