Check this Sh@! out!

Miscellaneous Its Broken

8 replies to this topic
  • Dune Ready

Posted December 01, 2014 - 08:02 PM

So I was riding at the dunes this weekend.  Shut my bike down and it wouldn't kick over again.  Took the top off and saw this.  Any ideas on what caused it?

Attached Thumbnails

• get-attachment (1).jpg
  • get-attachment.jpg
  • get-attachment (2).jpg

• Goforaride

Posted December 01, 2014 - 08:46 PM

http://www.thumperta...ve-shim-bucket/

• Dune Ready

Posted December 01, 2014 - 08:59 PM

I should have mentioned. My bike is a 2013. I read that other post. Do you guys really think I am gonna need a new engine?

• grayracer513

Posted December 02, 2014 - 07:16 AM

You're going to need some repairs done in that lifter bore, that's certain.  You need a tear down to see what if anything else is crunched.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dune Ready

Posted December 02, 2014 - 07:01 PM

Any ideas what would have caused this to happen?

• grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2014 - 07:38 AM

There are a lot of different possibilities.  It could have skipped time a rammed a valve into the piston, a valve may have seized part way open in the guide and the increased clearance and associated battering might have done it.  No way to know without digging into it.

• Dune Ready

Posted December 03, 2014 - 04:39 PM

Grey, since you mentioned it skipping time.  Right before I shut the bike off, I hit a jump.  I wasn't that high, my buddy estimated about ten feet in the air.  However, when I landed the back hit first, then the front slammed down really hard.  It hit hard enough that it sent stingers up both of my forearms.  It hurt so bad, that was why I shut the bike down.  Thoughts?

• grayracer513

Posted December 03, 2014 - 10:30 PM

If the bike ran until you shut it off, then the jump had nothing to do with it.  In fact, if it was running when you shut it off, it wasn't out of time far enough to cause that. 

• Dune Ready

Posted December 04, 2014 - 06:58 AM

Okay. Thanks for the input. I am hoping to tear it down soon.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.