chain buffer

2 replies to this topic
  • huffa

Posted February 01, 2002 - 12:42 AM

I'm from the crf forum but I'm bouncing over here to ask you guys if your bikes wear the front swingarm buffer out quicker than the 2 strokes do? For those of you that don't know, the crf's including mine are wearing them out at an alarming rate. I have about 8-9 hours on mine and it is grooved almost to the point of replacement. The honda's for this year are odd that you only run like 3/4 inch chain slack, they get looser as they compress more thru the whole travel. The 2 stroke honda's are not wearing them out like this, it's only doing this on the 4 stroke.

[ February 01, 2002: Message edited by: huffa ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FOX426

Posted February 01, 2002 - 05:52 AM

105 hrs. on mine minimal to moderate wear. expect at least another 50 hrs or so on slider. :)

• keith

Posted February 01, 2002 - 06:59 AM

www.ziptyracing.com carries TM Designworks chain buffers, guides, and rubbing blocks. they are noisy, but have a long lifespan. they should make them for your bike by now.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.