07 WR which crank?

6 replies to this topic
  • fixitandy

Posted November 30, 2014 - 03:34 AM

It's time for a rebuild, just after some feed back on cranks available out there, the 3 I'm looking at are new OEM, Wiseco, & Hot Rods, or rebuilding existing, thoughts? Info, pro's & cons, blah blah, cheers Andy.

• stevethe

Posted November 30, 2014 - 12:04 PM

If you stick with stock it should last as long as it did the first time.

• mattf450f

Posted November 30, 2014 - 03:13 PM

How many Ks/miles u get out of the stock crank ?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyandride

Posted November 30, 2014 - 04:41 PM

I've heard bad things about Wiseco as they are made in China.

• mattpann

Posted December 01, 2014 - 01:35 AM

I would go with the stock and buy an assembly rather than rebuild yours. It worked out cheaper on mine.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 01, 2014 - 03:33 PM

OEM

OEM

OEM

OEM

600+ hours no problems

• fixitandy

Posted December 01, 2014 - 11:55 PM

How many Ks/miles u get out of the stock crank ?

cheers for the feedback guys, got nearly 9000 km on it, starts & runs fine, uses no oil, only shimmed when necessary, just don't wanna push my luck too far & have a expensive catastrophic engine failure, but the bike gives me the impression she'll go forever, in regards to the Wiseco, didn't know that about them being Chinese, but had heard of several premature lock ups, & I know Bills ethos of OEM, & Hot Rods are seem to be on the down low at the moment, been amassing rebuild parts for a while now, got new plated cylinder, stage 1 ported head new std OEM piston, cam chain, all gaskets, seals, new Rekluse clutch basket, & will also get, new TC tensioner, & TC guides, &'clutch plates, can't wait really, cheers Andy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.