It has arrived !!! Now here's a question for ya.....................

2 replies to this topic
  • Gashira

Posted February 04, 2004 - 10:31 AM

First of all i live in a remote place & this is the first WR 450 F i've ever seen in realtime,,,,,,,,,It's Beautiful !!!
Anyway, the grey wire from what i understand isn't an option on the 04. {so i may change the exhaust cam}
I plan on uncorking the beast & opening up the airbox.
Will i do jetting at the same time or see how it runs first :D
I would think that running it would be the way to go.....seems that the spark plug is a poor indicator :D Go figure...LOL !!!

I live at sealevel & plan on keeping the stock jetting with adjustments as necessary.
There is so much info that it is hard to know what to do for certain. :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 04, 2004 - 12:13 PM

Just buy the JD jetting kit off this forum store and you wont have to check your plug ever again. :)

• Gashira

Posted February 04, 2004 - 12:49 PM

I agree that the JD Kit is the way to go, but wouldn't i have to ride the bike & adjust jetting according to how the bike runs ???
My question is....Is there a "specific jetting setup" for an 04 with the exhaust unplugged & the airbox punch-outs removed at sea level. :)
Someone gotta have an answer :D

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.