Yamaha 426 hot cam? Help

11 replies to this topic
  • carlloktm

Posted November 19, 2014 - 10:48 AM

Hi everyone I ordered a ex hotcam stage 1 for my wr426 and I just want to make sure it's the rite one because to me it looks strange

The lobes are different widths from the original and it's abit shorter ? Does it look like the rite part

image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

Thanks for any help

• stevethe

Posted November 19, 2014 - 02:55 PM

Call or email hotcams.

• carlloktm

Posted November 19, 2014 - 11:44 PM

Thanks I have done but I'm in the uk

Just wondered incase anyone else noticed it when they did the swap

Must be a few as it's pretty common mod

• flyandride

Posted November 20, 2014 - 11:07 AM

I used Hotcams stage one in my 450 and the lobes look way different.  I didn't notice the width.  Here's a picture of the intake, I don't have one of the exhaust.  Second bike I've used them with no problems. IMG_3505 copy.JPG

Edited by flyandride, November 20, 2014 - 11:07 AM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 20, 2014 - 04:45 PM

Hi everyone I ordered a ex hotcam stage 1 for my wr426 and I just want to make sure it's the rite one because to me it looks strange

The lobes are different widths from the original and it's abit shorter ? Does it look like the rite part

image-12.jpg

image-13.jpg

Thanks for any help

A stage one cam will be very different from a stock cam

Less mid to top end power with stage one

• carlloktm

Posted November 20, 2014 - 07:12 PM

Strange then ! I can't work it out, it's rite part number for my 426 but the lobes look the same apart from being narrower

Crazy

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • camman

Posted November 22, 2014 - 07:38 AM

It is perfectly fine. Run it.

• carlloktm

Posted November 22, 2014 - 07:47 AM

Yea have done thanks!

• rossonza

Posted November 24, 2014 - 05:36 AM

Hi dude,

looking at getting these for my wr400, where did you buy from? Like the performance change? (is it really that noticable)

Thanks

Ross.

• carlloktm

Posted November 25, 2014 - 06:32 AM

Hi mate sorry for late reply, I got the cam off eBay from hotcams

Errrm I can't tell any difference really, only wanted it for the decomp

I was running yz timing before so that's probably why

• rossonza

Posted November 25, 2014 - 06:35 AM

ahh ok, im on stock cam timing and dont have the hot cams yet. perhaps ill try the yz cam timing see if its worth the upgrade and the auto decomp :-)

Thanks!

• Birdy426

Posted December 06, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Hot Cams lobes aren't as wide as stock.  There should be no performance difference between hot cams and stock, YZ timed exhaust cam...just auto-decompression.  There is a bit of a performance increase with the Hot Cams intake.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.