yz400f oil filter shavings PLEASE HELP

2 replies to this topic
  • jherdt14

Posted November 18, 2014 - 06:09 PM

I am getting very fine aluminum shavings in my oil filter what could be the problem?

top end was rebuilt not to long and also the clutch blew and the basket and plates were replaced.
all that work was done from the previous owner. The bike runs strong and i can't hear anything but just don't know how much shaving in the filter is normal. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pengu power

Posted November 22, 2014 - 04:47 AM

Check your head or your clutch basket .
I had shavings of fine shiny tinsel like
Turned out to be from my cam journals ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1416660428.626591.jpg

• bk29

Posted November 23, 2014 - 07:43 AM

My 400 had alum shavings from day one. I wouldn't worry too much if it's not a lot. I would be worried if it gets worse.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.