Intake air pressure sensor reading. (2012+ WR450F, FI Tool)

4 replies to this topic
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted November 18, 2014 - 12:50 PM

I'm troubleshooting some stuff on my bike.

The FI tool reading on my intake air pressure sensor is 88 kPA.   I've disconnected it from the manifold so its sensing straight atmospheric pressure. The local weather station says the pressure is 102.3 kPA.

Is my sensor working properly ?

The reading changes if I change the pressure on it.

• MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted November 22, 2014 - 09:32 AM

Could someone with an FI tool hook it up to their bike, put it in diagnostic mode and check what d3 reads ?  d3 is the output of the air pressure sensor in kPa.

Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MidlifeCrisisGuy

Posted November 24, 2014 - 08:52 AM

I purchased a new, replacement air pressure sensor and installed it on my bike.  It too read 87 kPA, when local air pressure was around 100 kPA.

I put my FI tool on another FI WR450F.  It too read 87 kPA when local air pressure was around 100 kPA.

I'm wondering if this should be reported to Yamaha.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 24, 2014 - 10:08 AM

I believe it is calibration corrected in the software

• letitsnow

Posted November 25, 2014 - 04:37 PM

Maybe a second job would help you through times like these?  :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.