2014 yz450 what mods work and what dont

10 replies to this topic
  • Chrisyz450

Posted November 18, 2014 - 12:55 AM

Hey guys,

Just got my new 2014 yz450 just finished run in, suspension,sag clickers etc all set to my weight.

i have now got 4 hours and just done first service.

i will be dropping my forks about 4-6 mm for more weight over front and better turning in corners.( Had to do this on old bike as well)

Have done fuel breather mod, but ran mine between side of air box down them up along wiring loom to the top of the stem head,much neater then drilling holes in my opinion.

Still unsure or crank case breather mod?????

ordered bash plate in case lol

my biggest issue is wondering do i leave stock pipe on,Is there a mod you can do to the stock pipe?  spark arrester or do i get slip on pipe thinking of a fmf.

if i get a pipe do i need to change maps, my research says no but others say yes. Or if someone is local gold coast they l could pay them to change my map instead of buying a tuner as once set l will not change it.

• Gaz929

Posted November 18, 2014 - 11:19 PM

What's the crank case breather mod?

• Chrisyz450

Posted November 18, 2014 - 11:25 PM

When you run the hose to the air box

• Gaz929

Posted November 19, 2014 - 02:53 AM

When you run the hose to the air box

Why would you want to do that?

• Chrisyz450

Posted November 19, 2014 - 03:01 AM

It's a mod so you don't suck nothing up the hose, have a read about it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ca412686

Posted November 19, 2014 - 04:57 AM

I did the crank breather mod. Have 15hrs since and no problems. It's good piece of mind when getting stuck in water/mud crossings or while in sand!

• Gaz929

Posted November 19, 2014 - 08:46 AM

I did the crank breather mod. Have 15hrs since and no problems. It's good piece of mind when getting stuck in water/mud crossings or while in sand!

I don't ride in water or sloppy mud so think I'll give it a miss.

• grayracer513

Posted November 19, 2014 - 08:56 AM

Whereas I ride in sand quite often, haven't done any mods to the breather, and have no problems with it.

• ca412686

Posted November 20, 2014 - 09:15 AM

I don't ride in water or sloppy mud so think I'll give it a miss.

So you ride on pavement?? Haha

• ca412686

Posted November 20, 2014 - 09:17 AM

Whereas I ride in sand quite often, haven't done any mods to the breather, and have no problems with it.

I wasn't worried about sand either. Just getting stuck in deep water and mud. My supermoto always had a recirc oil system like graves bikes, so I felt I should do something if I'm running in offroad areas now.

• Gaz929

Posted November 20, 2014 - 10:53 AM

So you ride on pavement?? Haha

Hahaha! No mate, I just don't ride on wet tracks. I'm a fair weather rider you could say ;)

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.