WR426 Alum sub-frame question

3 replies to this topic
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted February 03, 2004 - 03:44 PM

Is it common for the side panels to wear grooves in the subframe? I just received the subframe I bought from a guy on E-bay and there is a groove worn ~1/2 thru the tube wall just above the chain roller. I have a '99 w/steel subframe so it's not really an issue. If it is a common problem I won't bust the guys chops because he described it as 'great' condition but I'm sorry a groove like this that has to weld repaired is a far cry from great in my world. And, no I did not get a smokin' deal so having to pay to have it welded doesn't make me happy....

Brian

• wfo_in_it

Posted February 03, 2004 - 03:59 PM

Yes it happens to all bikes with the aluminum subframes you need to fix it and, I cover it with number plate back ground for that not to happen you have got to stay out off the mudd and sand.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted February 03, 2004 - 10:04 PM

The alum subframe on my '90 KX500 doesn't have any grooves worn in it.... It does have the normal wear/tear associate with boots but not something like this. I didn't know if it was a common problem on the alum subframe equipped YZ/WRs.

Brian

• WRSTEVE

Posted February 04, 2004 - 11:13 AM

I will take a look at mine. I have never noticed it before.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.