The new Honda CR450R has been announced

1 reply to this topic
  • BillyinColorado

Posted May 04, 2001 - 12:55 PM

Looks like the new hot setup in MX at least, but I'd expect an enduro version can't be too far behind. No magic button, but 225 lbs??? That'd be sweet if its true. Interesting single cam setup too. And a little dig at the WR for hard starting, as this has auto decompression built in. Check it out at http://www.hondamoto...18/CRF450R.html

In the longer run this'll make everyone keep their hardware up to be competitive, nothing but good news. I hear the price tag is $6200. Maybe I'll get on the local waiting list now...

------------------
Bill in Colo: '01 WR426F, '98 KLX300R, '01 TTR125L, '78 DR370, '74 DT360A. (My wife is a saint!)

[This message has been edited by BillyinColorado (edited 05-04-2001).]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR400inOZ

Posted May 04, 2001 - 04:19 PM

Word on the street is that they ran it up against a WR426 and the 426 blew the thing into the weeds. So Honda have gone back and postponed the release of it to do some more development work. I'm sure they would hate a repeat of the early late eighties and early nineties where the development was not as thorough as the hype Honda put out...hence reliability went out the window.. anyway..should be an interesting beast.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.