AZ Track Tires

6 replies to this topic
  • F624ZY20

Posted January 30, 2002 - 04:31 PM

What Tires work well for the MX tracks in Phoenix

• yzernie

Posted January 31, 2002 - 03:21 AM

From what photos I have seen of the tracks there, it looks like flat track tire would be best!!!!! Seriously, looks like intermediate tires for this time of the year and hard pack tires for the summers.

Send F-Pilot, G-Man or any of the other Az guys a pm. They know first hand.

Ernie

• AZ918MAN

Posted January 31, 2002 - 09:36 AM

Hey,

It all depends. If you ride track only I would recomend the new dunlop 773. If you are going to trail ride I would recomend the dunlop 756/755( i run a 755 on the front and a 756 on the rear). hope I have helped :) :D

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • F-Pilot

Posted January 31, 2002 - 02:00 PM

My personal preferance is the Bridgestone M59 and M70. They work great when the track is soft and still hook up and when it dries out. They also do not chunk knobs as I have had the Dunlops do, even when used off-road in the rocks.

• Maicoman

Posted February 01, 2002 - 05:47 AM

Ernie, I keep a tire grooving tool in my tool box just for those special ocasion's :)

we use Brigestone M77 / M78 for tracks and Dunlop D739 for the trails.

Thinking of trying the new Dunlop D606 for trails, one of the guys on the WR forum got 1500 miles out of one, down in Baja.

AZ918
Dunlop list the 773 as a "soft" tire for loose loam and sand. Do you race at Canyon with that tire ?

F-Pilot
your using intermediate rated tires also, seems that we should use "hard rated" for our tracks.

From what I see soft tires for hard tracks ?

• F-Pilot

Posted February 01, 2002 - 07:12 PM

Our tracks are mostly intermediate, soft in the morning and develop a hard baked line or two by afternoon. Canyon seems to be the exception as it might a well be concrete with rocks on it. :)
The longer a tire lasts the worse its performance is.
New/fresh tires are the best modification anyone can make to their bike. I see lots of guys at the races with a new pipe, reeds, etc... but with worn tires.

• G-Man

Posted February 02, 2002 - 07:28 PM

I just tried a Dunlap 756 (on the advise of this board) and it works great. ALso had good success with a Brigestone M78.

G-Man

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.