420 Kit.

5 replies to this topic
  • Radar

Posted February 03, 2004 - 08:13 AM

I just got a 99 WR400 last week and was thinking about the 420 kit.The engine runs good right now,but when I get something used, I always take it apart to regrease, check,replace bearings etc.. Anyway does the 420 kit have any adverse affect on the conecting rod, and bearings. Should I get an aftermarket rod? Thanks.

• R_Little

Posted February 03, 2004 - 09:33 AM

Mine is apart for valve work and I was thinking about a 420 also.

• Radar

Posted February 03, 2004 - 09:58 AM

Eric Gorr has the kit for 275 complete, also selling them on Ebay for a 199.00 bid.I'm just not that familiar with the newer four strokes and thier rebuild schedule.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted February 03, 2004 - 11:38 AM

Eric reports NO extra strain on crank/connecting rod w/ the 420.

It WILL give you more low end snap! :)

• gfergtr74

Posted February 03, 2004 - 03:11 PM

Eric Gorr has the kit for 275 complete, also selling them on Ebay for a 199.00 bid.I'm just not that familiar with the newer four strokes and thier rebuild schedule.

Could you post a link to this item or give us an item number? Thanks

• BigBlueWR

Posted February 03, 2004 - 03:18 PM

Could you post a link to this item or give us an item number? Thanks

I think this is it
ebay link

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.