"01" - "03" WR Tank swap

2 replies to this topic
  • sdcrooks

Posted February 03, 2004 - 07:55 AM

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried to install the "03/04" WR 450 seat, tank, and shrouds onto a "01/02" WR 426. I'm seriously considering this if it can be done. Any info on the details would be greatly appreciated.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WRSTEVE

Posted February 04, 2004 - 11:24 AM

Why don't you just install a 00-02 YZ seat and tank? I really don't think a 03-04 wr seat and tank will work on a 01/02 WR426. The 00/02 YZ seat and tank are about the same size as the 03/04 WR seat and tank. I have installed this on my 02 WR and compared it to my buddies 04 WR450 and there is very little difference. :)

• sdcrooks

Posted February 04, 2004 - 02:29 PM

I'm thinking of the YZ tank and seat as an option but, the capacity is only 1.8 gal. I need closer to 2.5 for my rides. I'm willing to do the modifications to get the newer style and narrow fit. Your thoughts??

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.