ARIZONA RIDERS

7 replies to this topic
  • zdylanh

Posted January 29, 2002 - 07:41 PM

It looks like there are quite a few AZ riders in this forum and on thumpertalk in general. I am going to be in Scottsdale, AZ for a week during Feb, (16-24) and I am wondering if it would be worth it to bring my bike down. Are there a lot of good tracks and riding areas?
If so, are there some riders who will be out motoing during that week who wouldn't mind a tag-a-long.
I will have to admit that I am no longer ride a thumper, I recently sold it and decided to try the new yz 250 2-smoke.
Any info would be appreciated, especially the names of a couple of close tracks or riding areas. THANKS

• mat

Posted January 29, 2002 - 08:51 PM

i dont know how close it would be, but there is a track in mequite, its right on the border, if your willing to go that far their a couple tracks in vegas

• mat

Posted January 29, 2002 - 08:51 PM

i dont know how close it would be, but there is a track in mequite, its right on the border, if your willing to go that far their a couple tracks in vegas

• Dave_S

Posted January 30, 2002 - 05:24 AM

zdylanh,

I would love to hook up and moto but I will be in Telluride that weekend.

check out www.gomxracing.com

They list most all of the AZ MX tracks and directions/phone #'s.

All the MX tracks I know of are 45 minutes to an hour from Scottsdale. There is plenty of trail riding over there if you are into that, best to have a guide familiar with the area though. I am sure you'll find someone to oblige!

Dave S

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • YZ400Court

Posted January 30, 2002 - 05:56 AM

Your coming at a great time. The WORCS series will be at Speedworld the 16th and 17th. That means you can come ond see a great National race with the biggest names in offroad in attendance, or have you pick of the other tracks around town. The other tracks should be wide open. In addition Scottsdale is home to some of the best singletrack riding in the west.

Here is a link to WORCS, and another to AZ Trail Talk.

Bring you bike, you will have a blast.

• BikeDestroyer

Posted January 30, 2002 - 08:55 AM

YZ400Court beat me to it. The WORCS race will be a happening place on Feb. 16 & 17. And there are lots of places to trail ride. www.singletracker500.com has a few riders that ride during the week that I am sure would be glad to show you around. Bring your bike & have fun!

• Rusty

Posted January 31, 2002 - 04:37 AM

This is too funny. Poor guy got bombarded with SingleTracker500 links. I PM'd him one yesterday and now you two. Well, he should definitely be able to find his way to ATT.

• zdylanh

Posted January 31, 2002 - 07:24 PM

Thanks a lot for all your replies, I think I will definitely take my bike and enjoy the nice weather. We are suffering here in utah with highs in the 20's.
Sounds like there are a ton of places to ride. I think I will be able to find somewhere fun to ride.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.