Video shows hints of next WR450F or WR450FX?

Yamaha WR450F 2015

34 replies to this topic
  • letitsnow

Posted November 08, 2014 - 06:48 AM

I would have to ride a 450 with the backwards motor before believing it's an improvement.  Watching James Stewart struggle on the YZ is an image that's hard to get out of my mind.  Mr Stewart has a bit more talent than I do, and he struggled...

• cubera

Posted November 08, 2014 - 02:17 PM

It seems the handling with mass centralization would be better for an enduro or desert machine. I'm not opposed to the new motor being in the WR or YZXF or whatever it's going to be called. I just wonder if there is a reliability trade off or if it is something more based on marketability rather than practicality. Yamaha got it right with the 2012 WR and I hate to see it screwed up for the wrong reasons. :naughty:  :banghead:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 08, 2014 - 03:52 PM

It seems the handling with mass centralization would be better for an enduro or desert machine. I'm not opposed to the new motor being in the WR or YZXF or whatever it's going to be called. I just wonder if there is a reliability trade off or if it is something more based on marketability rather than practicality. Yamaha got it right with the 2012 WR and I hate to see it screwed up for the wrong reasons. :naughty:  :banghead:

If you rode a 2014 YZ450, you would totally get it.

It feels like all the benefits of a KTM, without the goofy ergos and soft power.

Now add estart and stuff, and VIOLA! The next 'gotta have' bike. 

...and what Yamaha motor do you know of, that is un-reliable in any way.....?  :p

• letitsnow

Posted November 08, 2014 - 05:56 PM

What I don't get is that I struggle to keep my weight far enough forward on the current WR.  How is putting the weight (of the motor) farther back helpful???

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 08, 2014 - 06:08 PM

What I don't get is that I struggle to keep my weight far enough forward on the current WR.  How is putting the weight (of the motor) farther back helpful???

Then your sag is too large

• letitsnow

Posted November 08, 2014 - 07:01 PM

Then your sag is too large

Thanks, but I've had the same issue on several bikes.  Maybe having the weight centralized is best, maybe not...

• cubera

Posted November 08, 2014 - 07:12 PM

Well crap, Bill. I'm still thinking about getting a new YZ 250 pinger for old man MX. I hope my 2013 WR won't be too obsolete any time soon. But I have not ridden the new YZ. Last one I rode was a 2009 and it rocked:)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted November 08, 2014 - 07:51 PM

Thanks, but I've had the same issue on several bikes.  Maybe having the weight centralized is best, maybe not...

Well, you brought it up. If it's on 'severl bikes' then maybe you don't sit forward or put enough weight on the pegs.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 08, 2014 - 07:53 PM

Well crap, Bill. I'm still thinking about getting a new YZ 250 pinger for old man MX. I hope my 2013 WR won't be too obsolete any time soon. But I have not ridden the new YZ. Last one I rode was a 2009 and it rocked:)

Well, I rode a 2010, and it was not set up for me (stock/short/soft) and it was still pretty dang good.

A 2002 Steel frame YZ with 2006 YZ fork and shocks is a great trail bike.

You can have Eric Gorr port it for pure torque too.

I can't have anymore kickers, if I want to keep riding.....

• cubera

Posted November 08, 2014 - 07:56 PM

I like them all....we're moto nuts. Anyway, I'm going to do old man MX on the pinger

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 08, 2014 - 09:12 PM

Dear Honerable Mr Hiroyuki Yanagi

Please start making the Yamaha YZ450FX for us here in the states, as soon as possible.

Thank you very much.

Signed:

Your humble Motorcycle nuts here in the USA

P

• letitsnow

Posted November 09, 2014 - 05:32 AM

Well, you brought it up. If it's on 'severl bikes' then maybe you don't sit forward or put enough weight on the pegs.

You're probably right.  

I'd buy the new FX if they make one - just trying to convince myself that I don't need it...

• RockerYZWR

Posted November 09, 2014 - 08:55 AM

your sag is too large

Yeah, I get that a lot.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 09, 2014 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, I get that a lot.

I said SAG, not sack.

• RockerYZWR

Posted November 09, 2014 - 09:26 AM

I said SAG, not sack.

Oh, whoops, my bad...

Related Content

Forums
Photo
California-Southern

This subject weighs on me by Krannie McKranface

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  62 replies
Forums
Photo

Red hot glowing header pipe by wrthomas

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   WR 400/426/450
  • Hot  58 replies
Reviews

Yamaha WR450F 2015 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha WR450F 2015
  • * * * * -
  • 11 reviews
  • Last review by Ken S
  • On November 03, 2016

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.