CHAIN SLIDE QUESTION?

6 replies to this topic
  • foursmoke

Posted February 02, 2004 - 06:06 PM

Well it's time for a new chain slide and I would like to get something superior to stock. I don't want to do the inner tube thing again on a stock replacement and I have heard from other riders that the "TM Design" chain slide is very noisey so I would like to find other options if I could. Is the UFO slider any good :D? Any other choices would be appriciated :D.

Thanks, Smoke :)

• Indy_WR450

Posted February 02, 2004 - 07:37 PM

The new TM design is not noisy. The old TM design is. I have the old design. The new one has a different compound inside that is softer and does not bang like the older version. :)

• ddialogue

Posted February 03, 2004 - 04:15 AM

A friend of mine just installed a TM designs chain slider and he really likes it. He mentioned that it wasn't any louder than the stocker. He also installed a TM designs chain guide. We've got a running bet as to how long that stays on there before a big old rock takes it out. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted February 03, 2004 - 06:30 AM

I have both and have no issues with a rock taking out the rear guide. It is only slightly thicker than stock. I am very happy with the TM Designs quality! :)

• SBG

Posted February 03, 2004 - 08:33 AM

Hey, wouldn't you know butch already has a stock replacement in my garage waiting for you? :) :D

• foursmoke

Posted February 03, 2004 - 03:50 PM

Mark, I was hopeing to not have to do the inner tube fix on the stock replacement so the slide doesn't wear away at the swing arm under the slide. I guess Yamaha does this to sell swingarms to people that hold onto their bike for more than a year or two :) I may just get the TM Designs slider after all.

Smoke :D

• SBG

Posted February 03, 2004 - 07:27 PM

I know you wanted the TM design. I just thought it was funny that Butch got the part before he found out you wanted it or the TM. :D :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.