YZ 450 2014 BRAKES

6 replies to this topic
  • Envisage

Posted November 04, 2014 - 05:16 AM

Just fitted a new galfer stainless steel rear brake line to the rear. Definitely better than the standard line, but still a lot of room for improvement. Anyone running an aftermarket caliper, not sure if they're much better ? Like to hear any tips/suggestions to get this working better ?  Not ridden a KTM in a while but have read the brembo brakes shit all over the standard Yamaha ones

Yes drained the fluid & used new DOT fluid when i installed the line. Installed new genuine OEM brake pads too, running standard OEM disc

• Monk

Posted November 04, 2014 - 05:57 AM

Go to a more organic brake pad compound...

The rear brakes on any Japanese bikes are equally as good as a KTM and IMO better. Better modulation and control with better feel...

• ah665

Posted November 04, 2014 - 06:39 AM

What exactly are you after? Are you getting fade or just better feel at the pedal? My new 250F actually feels really good both fr/rr. I am not sure what was changed over the old one but I was pretty happy with it. I still installed a Braking oversized rotor/pads kit on the front since I have a habit of heating up the stocker in races. I have no complaints with the rear. i assume new pads would be the next step for you, however.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Envisage

Posted November 05, 2014 - 12:26 AM

Go to a more organic brake pad compound...

The rear brakes on any Japanese bikes are equally as good as a KTM and IMO better. Better modulation and control with better feel...

Mmmm, not what the reviews say, & IMO ?

Organic being ?

• Envisage

Posted November 05, 2014 - 12:29 AM

What exactly are you after? Are you getting fade or just better feel at the pedal? My new 250F actually feels really good both fr/rr. I am not sure what was changed over the old one but I was pretty happy with it. I still installed a Braking oversized rotor/pads kit on the front since I have a habit of heating up the stocker in races. I have no complaints with the rear. i assume new pads would be the next step for you, however.

Not so much fade now ive changed the line, more grabbing/biting power. When the bike was new, (as with most under 6 months old) they where great.

Fitted new OEM pads

• Monk

Posted November 05, 2014 - 05:55 AM

Mmmm, not what the reviews say, & IMO ?

Organic being ?

http://www.galferusa...ng-motorcycles/

• smv ryder

Posted November 05, 2014 - 07:01 AM

HH Sintered Advanced Ceramic Brake Pads Is what I am using for pads and work fantastic.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.