what i thought was a wr426 might just be a yz426

4 replies to this topic
  • psmith994

Posted November 03, 2014 - 11:50 AM

So long story short. I bought this paperweight over a year ago. Half way through my rebuild I managed to start it. (cool right) Ran great. Fast forward to finish and ready to ride, BAM! no spark. I cleaned everything. check wires and grounds and all ohm resistances. my last line of thinking was the magneto.  I've taken off the magneto and clean from under it (dirty s.o.b.) now I have pick up from the magneto to the cdi. However (there's always a however isn't there) I get nothing past the cdi. The reason I now think its a yz is it has a yz magneto and a yz cdi. that's my only clues to think this so I could be completely off here. anyways does anyone know of a way to test past the cdi for spark? Or should I just replace the cdi? I bought one already for a wr426 and the plugs are all wrong so if you know of any one who needs one for a 2001 wr426f send them my way. Heres the other post in the wr forum. and what others have suggested.

http://www.thumperta...-get-desperate/

thanks for any and all help.

• grayracer513

Posted November 03, 2014 - 01:16 PM

How many coils on the stator?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • psmith994

Posted November 03, 2014 - 01:41 PM

• grayracer513

Posted November 03, 2014 - 02:06 PM

Yup, that's a YZ stator.  The electrical system can be tested methodically by following the procedures in the manual.

Manuals:

http://api.viglink.c...ook.com.au/?r=0

http://api.viglink.c...uals/index.aspx

• peaceofwork

Posted November 03, 2014 - 11:24 PM

I put a wr motor into a yz and left the yz cdi in the bike - bad idea, yz system or wr system no mix and match even if the conectors match and they look the same

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.