old rekluse zstart

2 replies to this topic
  • sparky569

Posted November 02, 2014 - 10:07 AM

i apologizefor the earlier entry. i asked a few dumb questions.

Edited by sparky569, November 02, 2014 - 04:07 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted November 04, 2014 - 03:59 PM

Rekluse should have been able to give you a run down on which parts in the clutch you'd need to convert it back.  According to their old manual, the clutch uses OEM plates except for two to three steels that are thicker, used to adjust the installed gap.  These could be obtained from Yamaha by buying steels for an '08 model.

http://www.rekluse.c...R450-052307.pdf

It's only dumb to ask where your shoes are while you're wearing them.

• sparky569

Posted November 05, 2014 - 08:23 PM

they offered me $100 trade in value on an upgrade. i did a little more research and found out that stock frictions would work and ended up replacing them and tinkered with it. it hooks up pretty good now. i have a birthday trip to Cal City for my niece and nephew this coming weekend i'll see how it holds up there. I dont know that i get any advantage out of having it. my riding buddies are usually my 8 and 10 year old sons. i end up riding a gear high more times than not so im not working the motor going the same speed as them. Greyracer you seem to always give good direction with our questions. Thank you for that.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.