Throttle adjustment

3 replies to this topic
  • gus450

Posted November 01, 2014 - 12:21 PM

Hi I have just bought a 2004 yamaha wr450f its the first bike I have owned larger than a 125cc I am very impressed with it so far but the throttle seems a little snatchy has anyone got any tips on how to adjust the throttle or is there anything I can buy to make it smoother so that I don't get all of the power in one hit ? Also can the suspension be adjusted to improve handling and make riding on the road smoother ?

Thanks Guys

Gus 

• revelc

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:07 PM

Hi I have just bought a 2004 yamaha wr450f its the first bike I have owned larger than a 125cc I am very impressed with it so far but the throttle seems a little snatchy has anyone got any tips on how to adjust the throttle or is there anything I can buy to make it smoother so that I don't get all of the power in one hit ? Also can the suspension be adjusted to improve handling and make riding on the road smoother ?

Thanks Guys

Gus

Do you mean throttle tube sticking or the accelerator pump?

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen
2012 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gus450

Posted November 01, 2014 - 01:26 PM

no it not sticking it just seems a little sensitive, i seem to get to much power even when I'm just touching the throttle 

• Krannie McKranface

Posted November 01, 2014 - 02:09 PM

Accept this is a very good thing, as throttle response on a big motor is very difficult t achieve.

You need more experience with the bike, and it will seem fine after a while. Especially when going up a hill and you cannot reposition you hands, you will like being able to meter out power with less movement.

If you choose not to improve your skills, but just remove the sensitivy, you purchase a G2 'throttle tamer' throttle tube and install it.

The new tube will soften the first 30% of the throttle turn.

You can also gear up to 14/51, which will soften power in every gear.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.