KX500 or WR450 for an MX and trail/desert riding combo bike

24 replies to this topic
  • shrubitup

Posted November 02, 2014 - 12:08 PM

There might be a few out that would pay top dollar for a clean 500. They are the two wheel kings at the dunes. I'd keep it and get a WR.

+1 No reason to off a fully rebuilt KX5. You'd prolly get $2K on a good day for it which I suppose you could use for the WR but there's just more value in that KX5 than $2K. I would make it a dune bike or a snow bike or use as is for days you just want to roost your friends. :banana:

• YamaLink

Posted November 03, 2014 - 07:42 AM

Oh my gawd. Out of instinct and reflex my forearms cramped just reading "KX500". I salute anyone who can race that awesome animal.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jcm3

Posted November 03, 2014 - 07:42 AM

Yep, I think that's what I'm going to do.  Get an FI WR450, and keep the KX.

Thanks everyone for the input.

• beezer

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:03 AM

I bet the KX will just sit there and collect dust once you get the new bike.

• jcm3

Posted November 03, 2014 - 08:42 AM

I bet the KX will just sit there and collect dust once you get the new bike.

You might be right, especially for trail or desert riding.  The only time the KX might get the nod is when I go to the track or the dunes (which I have yet to do), but if the suspension was redone on the WR then it might get the nod there also.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.