Speedo sensor spacer replacement

1 reply to this topic
  • Ledrocnoc

Posted October 30, 2014 - 11:16 AM

I installed a Trailtech Voyager on my 2008 WR450F.  The Voyager requires it's own speed sensor that mounts on the front brake caliper.  

Since I removed the original odometer, the original speed sensor (on the right side of the front wheel) isn't connected to anything anymore and I would like to remove it.  But it acts as a spacer for the front wheel, so I am wondering if anyone knows if there are spacers available to put in place of the original speed sensor.

I'd rather not cut the cable coming out of the sensor as the whole assemble cost a pretty penny...

Thanks.

Denis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted October 30, 2014 - 12:28 PM

I installed a Trailtech Voyager on my 2008 WR450F.  The Voyager requires it's own speed sensor that mounts on the front brake caliper.  

Since I removed the original odometer, the original speed sensor (on the right side of the front wheel) isn't connected to anything anymore and I would like to remove it.  But it acts as a spacer for the front wheel, so I am wondering if anyone knows if there are spacers available to put in place of the original speed sensor.

I'd rather not cut the cable coming out of the sensor as the whole assemble cost a pretty penny...

Thanks.

Denis

Applied Racing has them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.