2015 yz-f plastics fit on the fi wr450f

8 replies to this topic
  • wr450f1990

Posted October 29, 2014 - 08:39 PM

Will 2015 yz450f plastics fit on a fi wr450f

• broccoli2

Posted November 30, 2014 - 09:52 AM

I would say no. It looks like the front fender is the only thing that is the same

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 01, 2014 - 03:35 PM

I'm not sure how you can look at both bikes and think this would work.

Maybe it's just me, but can't you tell by looking that these bikes have NOTHING in common?

• GP1K

Posted December 01, 2014 - 07:27 PM

The WR450 plastics are from the YZ250F, though I don't think much (if anything) is directly interchangeable aside from the fender.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted December 01, 2014 - 07:37 PM

The WR450 plastics are from the YZ250F, though I don't think much (if anything) is directly interchangeable aside from the fender.

No, they are from the WR450F, which uses a few frame spars from the 250F, and nothing else.

There is this new thing called Google, and several dozen platics manuf that can tell you what fits and on what bike, in about 45 seconds.

Yes, I am being condisending and a bit of a jerk........maybe some brain cells will come alive out there.

GOBBLE

• GP1K

Posted December 02, 2014 - 08:12 AM

No, they are from the WR450F, which uses a few frame spars from the 250F, and nothing else.

There is this new thing called Google, and several dozen platics manuf that can tell you what fits and on what bike, in about 45 seconds.

Yes, I am being condisending and a bit of a jerk........maybe some brain cells will come alive out there.

GOBBLE

"From" as in, derived from, but not identical to, which I pointed out. Fenders swap, that's about it AFAIK. The WR frame isn't just 'a few spars' of the YZF frame, it pretty much is the YZF frame modded to fit the 450 motor. Even the original bolt holes for the YZF subframe are still there, though not used on the WR.

• cracker please

Posted December 02, 2014 - 08:44 AM

"From" as in, derived from, but not identical to, which I pointed out. Fenders swap, that's about it AFAIK. The WR frame isn't just 'a few spars' of the YZF frame, it pretty much is the YZF frame modded to fit the 450 motor. Even the original bolt holes for the YZF subframe are still there, though not used on the WR.

Rad shrouds share a part number.  The side number plates look similar but I don't think they fit cause of the different subframe.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted December 02, 2014 - 05:51 PM

The rear lower spars are shared with a new welded lower subframe bracket

The upper spars are shared with ALL new welded structures.

The cast spar that joins the to the head is not shared.

All the non-cast parts are not shared.

It is not a 'modified 250f' frame, it's a different frame.  You read the brochure propaganda, and believed it.

You cannot put a motor that weighs 35lbs more and 40% more power and use the same frame ' modified to fit the 450 motor'. Not unless you want it to flex like a KTM you can't.

The 2013 250f shrouds have the same part number, but no other year....

Nothing on the reverse motor bikes share with the WR's as there are nearly no common parts of merit.

Put the bikes side by side, and see for yourself.

• Doomba

Posted December 06, 2014 - 09:16 PM

Anybody know if you could semi-easily put a YZ front number plate plastic on a 12+ WR?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.