Internet or my computer?

5 replies to this topic
  • ricky1

Posted January 29, 2002 - 06:42 AM

Everywhere there is supposed to be a picture or an icon I have a white box with a red x in it.
Can anyone shed some light on this? This is not only on TT but other websights also. This is happening on IE, but not on Netscape.

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: ricky1 ]

• humbertob

Posted January 29, 2002 - 08:17 AM

Check the security tab on your IE Internet Options, make sure you got the Medium Level of security selected !
If this doesn't work reinstall the IE on your machine and don't move anything in the Internet Options menu, this have to work !

Good Luck guy ! :)

• ricky1

Posted January 29, 2002 - 01:37 PM

Thank you so much!! I went in and checked my security settings, and it was in the "custom" mode. I reset it to default, (medium) and now everything is normal. The question now is how did the security setting get changed? I was working on the computer yesterday, but there is no way I was into security settings.

Once again, Thank You!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • humbertob

Posted January 30, 2002 - 08:29 AM

Some Internet sites change the Internet Security Settings in your Explorer by itself, so you must be careful about the sites you are visiting, some sites do this to take advantage of some features that they can handle with cookies in your PC, you must re-check your Internet Security Settings at least once a month or when you are involved in trouble like this.
Hope this helps folk !!! :)

• jamracing

Posted January 30, 2002 - 10:21 PM

You go, Internet Boy!!

• humbertob

Posted January 30, 2002 - 10:53 PM

Thanks for your support Jamracing ! This forum was so helpful to me that at least I'm trying to help anybody even with problems not related with Bikes !

A salute to You and all the TT's from TEXAS !

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.