Protecting your bike?

9 replies to this topic
  • bopper450

Posted October 28, 2014 - 07:44 AM

Hey guys after rising some gnarly single track the other day and seeing all the different guards on my buddies bikes it made me realize I better protect my wr.

What are the best guards to buy? Rad, skid plate? Anything else ? Also which brands are the best? Prixe isn't really an option. Also every time I dropped the bike the stock acerbis hand guards would bend and hit the clutch lever, should I go with different levers?
It's a 2012 450 !

• mch

Posted October 28, 2014 - 07:51 AM

The GYTR stuff holds up pretty good and bolts right up.  I have the same bike and it takes a real beating with the terrain I ride.

• suzuki son of a bitch

Posted October 28, 2014 - 07:55 AM

Acerbis hand guards or cycra pro bend hand guards are the best

• revelc

Posted October 28, 2014 - 07:55 AM

The Cycra Pro bends with the metal frames have taken a severe beating with me and haven't budged.

I tried some Zetas and they folded up on their first ride.

2014 WRR-Totalled
2012 WR450F-Stolen
2012 WR450F-Third bikes the charm.

• Wintyfresh

Posted October 28, 2014 - 09:11 AM

I recently replaced my GYTR radiator braces with some Unabiker guards; the latter appear to provide much better protection. 

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bopper450

Posted October 28, 2014 - 12:33 PM

Any suggestions for clutch/ brake levers?

• suzuki son of a bitch

Posted October 28, 2014 - 01:26 PM

Asv or sunline levers

• RockerYZWR

Posted October 28, 2014 - 02:56 PM

Any suggestions for clutch/ brake levers?

If you run good hand guards, like Cycras, you'll "never" need new levers. And if you do, cheap stock replacement Motion Pro or Tusk levers work great at 1/20th the cost of an ASV or similar set up (for the clutch anyway).

• bopper450

Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:13 PM

So your saying replace the stock acerbis ones and problem solved?

• The Hopper Show

Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:38 PM

unibiker rad guards, utah skid plate, fastway hand guards are the best, period. asv levers if you still need them.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.