Sprockets: What Mfgr do you buy / mount?

Drive Sprockets

28 replies to this topic
  • RockerYZWR

Posted October 27, 2014 - 08:42 PM

Supersprox. Six desert races and 50+ hours of training and play riding this year with lots of sand track and dunes. Honestly minimal wear - although I'm religious with maintenance after just about every ride, I'm still impressed even if it is steel. Nice looking product, too.

• mch

Posted October 27, 2014 - 09:11 PM

I just swapped out my chain and sprockets about a month ago.  My bike (12 WR450) has about 350-400 hours and this is my 1st chain and sprocket change.  the stock stuff held up great (No chain lube - just WD40 on chain) and the stock chain/sprockets probably had a few more months before it really needed replacing.

I just put this stuff on, hope it holds up:

Primary Drive 520 ORH Gold X-Ring Chain 520x114

Supersprox Rear Aluminum Sprocket 50 Tooth

Supersprox Front Sprocket 13 Tooth

Supersprox Sprocket Bolt and Nut Kit

• KennyMc

Posted October 28, 2014 - 05:50 AM

I have had the Ironman sprocket on my bike for 3 years. I have no idea if it has taken any direct hits but I ride in the rocks for the most part. I now have a Supersprox as I changed the gearing and liked the "bling factor". It has held up great for the last year.

• mebgardner

Posted October 28, 2014 - 08:54 AM

I wish I was getting this kind of mileage.  I'm maybe 40 hours into this cycle and the front and rear both need replacement.

I hose off the cycle after every ride, and I clean and lube the chain pretty regularly. So, I dunno.  It must be the deep sand what got me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • beezer

Posted October 28, 2014 - 08:58 AM

I never use chain lube.

After a wash I run the bike up and down the block and hit it with WD-40.

• YamaLink

Posted October 28, 2014 - 12:23 PM

Renthal and Primary Drive are good options for my needs.

• KennyMc

Posted October 28, 2014 - 01:18 PM

I never use chain lube.

After a wash I run the bike up and down the block and hit it with WD-40.

That's all I've done for years. O ring chain.

Edited by KennyMc, October 28, 2014 - 01:21 PM.

• stevethe

Posted October 28, 2014 - 03:01 PM

One of the keys to longevity is also a good x ring chain. The stock O ring chains seem to kink real bad.

• DonnieD

Posted October 31, 2014 - 10:41 AM

I haven't had my WR long but I use the Dupont chain saver. Goes on wet and dries in about 30 minutes. I add this to a clean chain of course. 

I think it's probably more of a protectant than lube. But I changed my street bike chain/sprockets at 40K using it and there was still life in the hardware. That's quite a bit of miles, most with my bike probably change around 30K.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.