Yamaha seats

8 replies to this topic
  • bradgross71

Posted October 26, 2014 - 12:20 PM

Why does yamaha make there seats so damn hard?

• personius264

Posted October 26, 2014 - 08:52 PM

gotta break em in dude!

• bradgross71

Posted October 27, 2014 - 04:35 AM

26 hrs on one and still damn hard.

• ca412686

Posted October 30, 2014 - 06:36 PM

Why does yamaha make there seats so damn hard?

I found my 2014 the hardest of any bike I've ever rode. I ended up buy new soft seat foam from Gutsracing.com. I just took the cover off my seat and pulled the old foam off, spray glued the new foam on and recovered the seat. HUGE difference! I don't sit too much, but when I do, it's awesome! Haha

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MJP68

Posted October 30, 2014 - 07:34 PM

I thought the granite seats from my 2 strokes killed all the nerves in my ass, my 14 is just as bad.

• rk8950

Posted October 30, 2014 - 08:18 PM

I think the seat on my 14 feels pretty good, actually a little softer than my honda. The seat cover cover on the yamaha though is super grippy it always feels like it is gonna pull my pants down.lol

• grayracer513

Posted October 31, 2014 - 06:47 AM

Coincidentally, the Chinese national equivalent of AmTrak has high class seats, "coach" seats, and a really cheap category called the "Ying Xi".  The "Xi" is pronounced the same as "Z" in English, and the seats typically go by the acronym, "YZ".

It means "hard seat".

• Pooley

Posted October 31, 2014 - 05:04 PM

gotta break em in dude!

Yamaha seats actually break in??  I've a YZ seat on my WR with hundreds of hours and it (8000 miles maybe??) is still like a 2x4.  A friend who rides a KTM525 rode the bike up to the general store a few years ago and thought it was the hardest seat he ever had ridden.  He only took it for 3 miles each way on a dirt road and thought it bruised his tailbone.

• Yzflier977

Posted October 31, 2014 - 06:18 PM

The seat on my '09 is crazy plush. I compared it to my buddies '10 CRF450 and a '14 KTM450 and both are harder than mine. Maybe the new ones are not as soft as the foam from a few years ago......

Related Content

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.