06 wr 450 seems to run hot

3 replies to this topic
  • Nor8e8rs

Posted October 26, 2014 - 08:55 AM

I rode my buddies 450 a couple weeks ago, and the heat around my knees, coming from the radiators seemed really hot compared to my 250x. Is it cuz it's a bigger bike or do we need to look into jetting? And what are the jet sizes recommended? We're riding later today so we might check into it. Is the carb a bitch to get to like my Honda?

Thanks for any help. 

Smart asses need not reply  ;)  :D

• suzuki son of a bitch

Posted October 26, 2014 - 10:27 AM

If the header is glowing red then its jetting. Look into some over sized radiators off of ebay.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted October 26, 2014 - 01:50 PM

Go to the top of the forum and read the FAQ's and the Jetting thread

• flyandride

Posted October 26, 2014 - 05:18 PM

I feel the heat a lot more on my 450 than I did on my 250.  Probably nothing to worry about as long as it's running OK.  

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.