2008 WR450F fork revalve - Converting rebound mid-valve to check valve

2 replies to this topic
  • Ledrocnoc

Posted October 24, 2014 - 04:21 AM

I am about ready to do install the RaceTech Gold Valve on my 2008 WR450F.  I have the shim stack and the instructions clarified by the RaceTech tech guy (the instructions they include with the kit aren't the greatest!)

The RaceTech tech wrote that to get the maximum effect I would have to open the cartridge and replace the Mid Valve to the Check Valve.  I was wondering if anyone has done that procedure and what the feedback was.  

Looking at the instructions (again, not the most clear...), this looks more involved that I can do here with the means available to me.

Thanks.

Denis

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stevethe

Posted October 24, 2014 - 05:19 AM

I am about ready to do install the RaceTech Gold Valve on my 2008 WR450F.  I have the shim stack and the instructions clarified by the RaceTech tech guy (the instructions they include with the kit aren't the greatest!)

The RaceTech tech wrote that to get the maximum effect I would have to open the cartridge and replace the Mid Valve to the Check Valve.  I was wondering if anyone has done that procedure and what the feedback was.  

Looking at the instructions (again, not the most clear...), this looks more involved that I can do here with the means available to me.

Thanks.

Denis

They said it wasn't necessary on mine however it may be dependent on what you weigh. It also takes special tools to take it apart. 

• GuyGraham

Posted October 24, 2014 - 10:49 AM

I did mine

Yes its a bit scary but you can do it

Tommy bar through the holes in the end of the cartridge and then use the tool you used to hole the cartridge when taking forks apart, to unscrew the to top bit from the cartridge tube

Its tight!

I ended up adding more shims to the rebound stack inside the cartridge when I went to the 0.46 springs

Edited by GuyGraham, October 24, 2014 - 10:51 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.