2014 WR450 - Question on Hole in Cylinder Head

5 replies to this topic
  • matt85

Posted October 21, 2014 - 07:42 PM

Hello all, I just got a new 2014 WR450 about a month ago.  I haven't had a dirt bike for about three years and am getting back into it.  This is my first brand new bike and I did all the necessary prep before riding and breaking it in, feels good to know that it's done right!

I'm curious to know what the hole in the cylinder head shown in the picture below is and if it should be plugged.  I read through the manual and it makes no mention of this hole.  Can anyone give some insight to this?

• offrd beatr

Posted October 21, 2014 - 07:43 PM

I believe it is a drain for the spark plug hole. Congrats on the new bike!!

Edited by offrd beatr, October 21, 2014 - 07:45 PM.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 21, 2014 - 07:47 PM

That's the  Powerband hole.

You must make sure it is clean at all times, or your powerband will go weak.

Edited by Kah Ran Nee, October 21, 2014 - 07:47 PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dfurr2fiddy

Posted October 21, 2014 - 08:33 PM

Put a little compressed air to it see what happens

• mikedabike

Posted October 21, 2014 - 09:00 PM

Drain for the spark plug well.  lets any water that gets in there drain out.  Also If changing the plug blow out with compressed air before you remove the plug to get any dirt or garbage out.

• matt85

Posted October 21, 2014 - 10:41 PM

Thanks guys, appreciate the help!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.