Fastway Pegs

9 replies to this topic
  • Cooter69

Posted October 21, 2014 - 07:36 AM

I have been looking for a set of pegs for a while, I have a 2001 YZ426F and use it mostly for desert/trail riding, and occasional tracks. I have a few of the Pro Billet products and very happy with them, yet I am unsure on the pegs. I really like the Adventure style pegs, yet I feel they might be to big. Which leads me to the Evolution Air pegs which I feel are to small. I wear a size 10 boot. Just unsure, anyone have any feedback? I am open to suggestions. I want a wide peg, but not to wide if that makes sense. Something I can stand flat footed on and have a little overhang on the pegs. 

• grayracer513

Posted October 21, 2014 - 08:06 AM

Lightspeed Titanium.  Wide MX style peg, welded from rolled Ti stock, not cast.  Very tough. Very comfortable under the foot.

• hedonist222

Posted October 22, 2014 - 08:49 AM

I got the adventure.

I wear size 11 boots.

The pegs are just perfect.

• Swappa

Posted October 22, 2014 - 11:08 AM

Adventure seem like overkill.

If i had to buy Fastway, I'd consider Evolution 3s.

Lightspeed Ti pegs didn't last for me offroad. The teeth wore down, and the peg was completely bent when hit while it was folded against the brake pedal.

This thread has some more discussion of the Fastways: http://www.thumperta...pegs-for-yz250/

And this thread has some excellent details on OEM alternatives which offer excellent value: http://www.thumperta...-footpegs-pegs/

There's a guy selling some Evo3s in my local racing network for $75. I can ask if he'd be willing to ship. PM me for details.

• Cooter69

Posted October 22, 2014 - 06:23 PM

Thank you all for the feedback, links, and honest answers! You have peaked my interest with the stock 5XC pegs. Nice size and seem like they will hold up to riding. They really seem like what I have in mind, I also keep coming back to the fastway evo air pegs for some reason. I am going to make some calls around tomorrow and see if I can't locate a set of each pegs local and compare them in person.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Swappa

Posted October 22, 2014 - 09:47 PM

From my worn out IMS pegs to my 2014 YZ pegs, it feels like I have new tires on. There is so much more grip! Either way, you can't go too far wrong.

• grayracer513

Posted October 23, 2014 - 06:14 AM

The Lightspeed pegs I have were on the bike when I got it because the PO broke one of the OEM 5XE's off of it.  They are actually cheaper than the 5XE's.  They're still pretty sharp after the 7 years I've had it, and I did bend one on a rock one day while biting the dirt at speed.  But, judicious application of a 4 pound hammer restored it within 95% of its proper shape, and showed me just how tough they really are.

If you ride in a lot of mud, that is harder on the teeth than the dry climate I spend most of my time in, but you can always touch the pegs up with a cut-off disc or a Dremel. 

The 5XC pegs are steel, which accounts for their considerably lower price, and at that, they really are a good value.

• Cooter69

Posted October 23, 2014 - 05:25 PM

No dice on anyone having the pegs local, would have to be a "special order" than a restocking fee if I do not like them. :facepalm:  Which is ridiculous in my book, so may have to order them and return the one set I don't like. :rolleyes:  One thing I do like about the fast way pegs is they wear out get new cleats. The OEM's wear out use a dremel and make them like new. As of now and looking at my pegs I want to say they are the stock ones, really small and skinny. Feels like I have a 1" wide by 2" long platform I am standing on is the best way to describe it. What I want, is to feel firm footed on the pegs and have the option to raise and lower them. I will probably order up both and play with them and return the set I do not feel comfortable with.  

• zeuszuki

Posted October 24, 2014 - 11:28 PM

I have been looking for a set of pegs for a while, I have a 2001 YZ426F and use it mostly for desert/trail riding, and occasional tracks. I have a few of the Pro Billet products and very happy with them, yet I am unsure on the pegs. I really like the Adventure style pegs, yet I feel they might be to big. Which leads me to the Evolution Air pegs which I feel are to small. I wear a size 10 boot. Just unsure, anyone have any feedback? I am open to suggestions. I want a wide peg, but not to wide if that makes sense. Something I can stand flat footed on and have a little overhang on the pegs. 

I run the Fastway Evo 3 footpegs on my '14 , they actually came off my Gas Gas EC300 I fitted them to. I wanted to try them on my YZ in the low position and dial in some camber to change the ergo's with the gear change lever ( Tech 10's ). They have never come off since lol. 

I do a bit of Down hill Mountain biking and like flats with grub screws - you do not want to slip a peddle steaming down hill!!! . My next logical step was moto pegs with grub screws and you know the rest. Do your feet stick - YES, I can hit axle deep puddles pulling 4th gear and you feel like your knees will snap before you slip a peg!

My boot size - 11 ( what ever that is in US sizing ).

• Cooter69

Posted October 28, 2014 - 07:52 PM

Well I ordered the Fastway Evo Air pegs, can't wait until they get here! Just something about rebuilding them if need be and all the adjustability got me. Thank you all for the advice and help.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.