'06 wr450 wit tusk on/off kit.. Need help wiring headlight please?

3 replies to this topic
  • ShiggzLTRWR

Posted October 17, 2014 - 04:59 PM

Hello, I hav an '06 wr450f with a tusk on/off kit. I got the bike used with kit installed already. I have no manual or tusk instructions. It still has the stock headlight that comes on when bike is running. I am trying to install a hi/low beam headlight that works with the tusk on/off hi/low switch....the factory harness has a black, a blue and a yellow wire going into the stock headlight... The tusk harness has a black, blue and a white wire that I believe is spose to go to the headlight.... Can somebody please help me make it so a hi/lo beam headlight will work off of the tusk headlight switch???

• JorisBoris

Posted October 18, 2014 - 03:14 PM

Hey Shiggz,

Black is ( almost ) always ground so you can go and connect these first. If you did that you can start by connecting the two blue cables and test if the switch or button works, if you know your headlight real wel you can already tell if the right light, lets say high beam, is connected to the right switch.

Its a 50/50 chance it's right first try !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cracker please

Posted October 18, 2014 - 05:03 PM

I think that explains it around the 3 minute mark.

• ShiggzLTRWR

Posted October 19, 2014 - 09:14 AM

Awesome ^^^ thank You!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.