Sea Foam

4 replies to this topic
  • DPete

Posted October 16, 2014 - 06:42 AM

Local indy mechanic advises to run it 1 oz. per gallon to protect carb and FI parts from the affects of alcohol. Anybody else heard that?

• stevethe

Posted October 16, 2014 - 06:53 AM

I don't use it in my fool injected bikes.

The only additive I remember using was a little STP in the Honda 90 front forks. Ah that was back in the day and you had to heat it on the stove to get it in there.  :ride:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vlxjim

Posted October 16, 2014 - 09:57 AM

I run 1oz of fuel stabilizer / conditioner and 1oz of caster oil to each gallon of gas in all my bikes. Never had a problem.

• underground-mpyre

Posted October 16, 2014 - 10:00 AM

Seafoam works great to keep carbs clean, but suggest Sta-bilizer in the tank to keep the gas from going bad after periodical riding(winter).

• Krannie McKranface

Posted October 16, 2014 - 12:36 PM

PRI-G 15cc in each tank full, for the last 4 years, and no problems on (7) bikes.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.