Any clue what jgr has here?

18 replies to this topic
  • Goforaride

Posted October 15, 2014 - 11:14 PM

What is the switch and button on the throttle side of the bars?

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• Rocket416

Posted October 16, 2014 - 03:49 AM

The switch allows them to switch on the fly between 2 different maps. I'm not 100% sure but I think the button is for launch control like Kawasaki.

• Goforaride

Posted October 16, 2014 - 12:21 PM

The switch allows them to switch on the fly between 2 different maps. I'm not 100% sure but I think the button is for launch control like Kawasaki.

So basically it is what the '15 crf's have?

• ratom98

Posted October 16, 2014 - 01:39 PM

that steering stabilizer  is a weird design, don't think i've ever seen one like that before

• Goforaride

Posted October 16, 2014 - 02:37 PM

that steering stabilizer  is a weird design, don't think i've ever seen one like that before

Yes and it appears to have electrical wires going to it.

• grayracer513

Posted October 16, 2014 - 02:38 PM

The black knob in the center?  Says "GET" on it.  They make ignition map controls, not stabilizers.

• Goforaride

Posted October 16, 2014 - 02:44 PM

Closer look would suggest you are correct gray

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpg

• Goforaride

Posted October 16, 2014 - 02:50 PM

It also appears that they make triple clamps. Odd thing is I can't find the company or any products online

• spaceboy

Posted October 16, 2014 - 03:02 PM

Most likely a switch to control engine mapping.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • G22inSC

Posted October 16, 2014 - 03:09 PM

The "GET" device isn't a steering stabilizer. It is a traction control device. Recent article in one of the mags just can't remember which one. Article was talking about how the teams get away using it since it is a traction control device.

• stevethe

Posted October 16, 2014 - 04:20 PM

I'm not sure what the round GET thing is but GET products are made by Athena.

• f150jokerstyle

Posted October 16, 2014 - 08:11 PM

Closer look would suggest you are correct gray

That to me looks like a cover for a plug to hook up to a laptop or some sort of device.

• sploon

Posted October 17, 2014 - 12:41 AM

Does anyone know where i can buy a switch to change between maps on the fly for a 2015 yzf450. Was doing some testing today with the gytr power tuner and there were some maps that would be great for starts but not ideal to race a whole moto with as the bike was quite reactive and fatigued me quickly.

• stevethe

Posted October 17, 2014 - 05:21 AM

Does anyone know where i can buy a switch to change between maps on the fly for a 2015 yzf450. Was doing some testing today with the gytr power tuner and there were some maps that would be great for starts but not ideal to race a whole moto with as the bike was quite reactive and fatigued me quickly.

They have it for the 14' but it's likely a whole new ignition.  http://www.athenapar...onic-unit-get 

Edited by stevethe, October 17, 2014 - 05:23 AM.

• Goforaride

Posted October 17, 2014 - 07:07 AM

They have it for the 14' but it's likely a whole new ignition.  http://www.athenapar...onic-unit-get 

Yah that's a whole new ecu. I wonder if it is possible to rig a switch without spending $800 on a new ecu. I was also looking at the auto tunning power commander. Anyone have experience with those?

• Swappa

Posted October 17, 2014 - 10:38 AM

Vortex sells a 2-position bar switch. Very nice product.

http://www.vortexcdi...=209&mp_id=2461

• drtrcr400

Posted October 17, 2014 - 10:45 AM

Vortex sells a 2-position bar switch. Very nice product.
http://www.vortexcdi...=209&mp_id=2461

Sure, but it only works with the Vortex ecu. The oem ecu does not have the ability to change maps the fly.

• sploon

Posted October 17, 2014 - 01:17 PM

Sure, but it only works with the Vortex ecu. The oem ecu does not have the ability to change maps the fly.

exactly...... would be a nice feature for yamaha to release next year. I can put up with it because the cost of a new ecu is just to much vs the gain. plus the tuning wouldnt be as easy to get right i recon with a Vortex or a GET.

• stevethe

Posted October 17, 2014 - 01:23 PM

exactly...... would be a nice feature for yamaha to release next year. I can put up with it because the cost of a new ecu is just to much vs the gain. plus the tuning wouldnt be as easy to get right i recon with a Vortex or a GET.

Well you never know. I use a Vortex on my built YZ'd WR 450. It seems to work well on the most radical map. I don't bother to switch it. I like the built in mapping.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.